According to Article 159 of the Housing Law 2014, the object and form of ownership of houses in Vietnam by foreign organizations and individuals is as follows:
“first. Objects of foreign organizations and individuals that own houses in Vietnam include:
A / Foreign organizations and individuals investing in the construction of dwelling houses under projects in Vietnam according to the provisions of this Law and relevant laws;
- B) Foreign-invested enterprises, branches and representative offices of foreign enterprises, foreign investment funds and foreign bank branches operating in Vietnam (hereinafter collectively referred to as organizations). foreign);
- C) Foreign individuals are allowed to enter Vietnam.
- Foreign organizations and individuals may own houses in Vietnam in the following forms:
- A) Investment in construction of houses under projects in Vietnam according to the provisions of this Law and relevant laws;
B / Purchase, hire purchase, donation or inheritance of commercial houses, including condominiums and detached houses in investment projects on construction of dwelling houses, excluding areas for national defense and security according to Government regulation “.
If you belong to one of the following properties, then the conditions for you to own a house in Vietnam are stipulated in Article 160 of the Housing Act 2014 as follows:
“first. For foreign organizations and individuals specified at Point a, Clause 1, Article 159 of this Law, they must have investment certificates and houses built in the projects according to the provisions of this Law and relevant laws. trousers.
- For foreign organizations defined at Point b, Clause 1, Article 159 of this Law, they must have investment certificates or papers related to their operation in Vietnam (hereinafter referred collectively to as certificates). Receiving investment) granted by a competent Vietnamese state agency.
- For foreign individuals defined at Point c, Clause 1, Article 159 of this Law, they must be permitted to enter Vietnam and not be entitled to diplomatic or consular privileges and immunities according to the provisions of law.”
You are reading the article “Which Cases Can Foreigners Buy Houses In Vietnam?” in the Real Estate category at www.realestatevietnam.com.vn. Any information sharing, feedback please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Hotline 0909890897 (24/7).